The goal of the project is to produce novel high-sensitivity Quartz Crystal Microbalance (QCM) based gas sensors for the detection of nitrogen-oxides and organic nitrates. Heightened sensitivity will be achieved by raising the active surface area and the number of specific receptor molecules bound to it, using porous black metal layers. The Laboratory of Materials Science of ATOMKI will perform the morphological (XRD, FIB-SEM) and depth (SNMS) characterization of the synthesized surfaces and layer structures.
The project is realised in a consortium, consisting of the following members:
- University of Chemistry and Technology (Prague, Czech Republic) - leader
- Kitami Institute of Technology (Kitami, Japan)
- Polymer Institute of Slovak Academy of Sciences (Bratislava, Slovakia)
- University of Opole (Opole, Poland)
- ATOMKI - Institute for Nuclear Research (Debrecen, Hungary)